Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Cycle

Fresh from a one week integration break, and dying to get back into it. Last night was great training. We had an intermediate class (with a few new joiners) and a great session of Panantukan after.

I really believe that the week off helps. It gives your body a chance to heal up and rest, and you get to missing the mat so much that you come back with a lot of energy and focus, ready to train hard hard hard! I also find that after a break, you pick things up much faster...one look and you are ready for the drill. 10 minutes into the new drill and we all had it down.

Our new cycle is cool, and involves some new stickwork, knifework, and kickboxing. Plenty to master over the next 9 weeks or so. This may be my last full cycle before I go back to Japan, and I want to make the most of it.

I am a bit tired today, and my body hurts from the training, but it feels so good to have been working out that I really don't notice that much.

See you Thursday!

No comments: