Monday, March 15, 2010

Great Expectations

The time is near.

Next week I will be in Bali for the annual training camp. Guro Jeff Espinous, Guro Fred, and many others will be there. I've been looking forward to this for the past 5 months since I came back to Japan.

Last year, our annual training camp was held at an Indonesian temple site in Singapore, and had so much going on. There were intensives at the school, a week-long seminar on all aspects of kali, silat, and Dumog (with Guro Adrian and Guro Olivia), the black belt test/demo of Guro Guillaume and Guro Maxime, advanced gradings for Guro Lila and Guro Bruno, and a tremendous amount of sharing ideas and training. Guro Jeff opened my eyes to so many things, and taught me so much about FLOW. He is truly magic to train with. Beyond that, everyone was very, very friendly. There was a tremendous sense of community and fellowship.

This year's camp promises to be even better - we are expected to have another strong team from Europe joining, as well as Dr. Charles Gibert from Tahiti, to lecture on Chinese and Western medicine and homepathy.

I am packing up my bags, and this week cannot get over soon enough! See you on the beach!!

No comments: