--- Isaiah 6:8
I am not Christian, but I like this verse. It was quoted in the movie FURY, which I have been watching since I saw it in the theater, and then bought it on Blu-Ray.
This is an important quote, and I'll tell you why.
We live in an age of convenience. Most of the things we need and use in our daily lives are done for us by someone else. Someone cooks our meals, takes care of our health, manages our money, teaches us, entertains us. Some of us have someone who cleans and does our laundry for us. We are a consumer people, and we equate "freedom" with no longer having to perform menial tasks so we can concentrate on higher pursuits (new services even promise to deliver our food in 10 minutes or less)
However, when the chips are really down, in that moment of truth, I can tell you from experience --- you will be alone. Somehow, some way, call it Karma or I-Ching or whatever, the really tough stuff always ends with Y-O-U and you always have to face it on your own.
At least I always have.
The good news is that once you come to accept this, you can make yourself ready. HOW??
- You can make time to exercise regularly and think about what and how you feed your body.
- You can invest in making yourself smarter, and keep building a catalog of skills and experiences that you can draw upon.
- You can make sure to meditate (at least a little bit) every single day so you can be calm and aware and very focused when needed.
- You can invest your earnings (at least some of them) so you will have money later in the future when you might need it.
- You can spend time in the dojo, setting and achieving training goals and proving to yourself again and again that YOU CAN DO IT. GO TO KALI MAJAPHIT They will take good care of you. I know. They took good care of me, too.
Most importantly, through these tasks you can begin to see yourself as a resourceful, capable adult - someone who does not back down from life's challenges. You can become someone who instead rises to the occasion, does not crack under the pressure, and can deliver results when it really matters --- not just for someone else, but FOR YOURSELF. You can grow up from being that needy child to become someone who is really able to give back to those around you who are important to you. You can become the calm, confident YOU that you know is in there.
Trust me, you are stronger, smarter, braver, more resourceful... BETTER than you ever imagined. Give yourself a chance.
It is a fantastic feeling to do things for yourself, including any of the things I listed above.
It is empowering and helps re-establish your control over every aspect of your life. Later on, when you do decide to let others do things for you (and you should), you do so with the full knowledge and appreciation of what is involved, and the gratitude that comes from knowing how hard things can be, and knowing how much easier life is when you have help. take nothing and no one for granted.
There is NOTHING more beautiful than a strong, capable person. IT'S YOU.
Don't wait around for someone to do everything for you. What if they never show up??
Instead, take control of your life and become that someone you can depend on.
You can always be there for yourself.
The time is NOW.